Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNNW 3 G 12 MPH
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
LYONS VALLEY (COWC1)
Lat: 39.125833 Lon: -123.073333 Elev: 3355ft.
7 Miles E Ukiah CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of snow before 4pm, then rain and snow. High near 41. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tonight Rain and snow before 10pm, then a chance of snow. Low around 27. West wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow before 10am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. Northwest wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light north northeast in the evening.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 41. Calm wind.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 55.
- Wednesday Night A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Thursday A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 55.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Clear Lake/Southern Lake County, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE