Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 9 G 13 MPH
- Dewpoint8°F (-13°C)
- Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
LYONS VALLEY (COWC1)
Lat: 39.125833 Lon: -123.073333 Elev: 3355ft.
9 Miles N Lakeport CA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Widespread frost. Otherwise, mostly clear early, then becoming mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Light west northwest wind.
- Friday Rain, possibly mixed with snow, mainly after 4pm. High near 46. Calm wind becoming west southwest around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Friday Night Rain, mainly before 10pm. Low around 26. West wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Northwest wind around 11 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming north northeast in the evening.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 47.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 57.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 60.
- Wednesday Night A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Thursday A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 62.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Clear Lake/Southern Lake County, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE