Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 7 mph
- Barometer30.27 in (1025.2 mb)
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill33°F (1°C)
Current conditions at
Baltimore-Washington International Airport (KBWI)
Lat: 39.19 Lon: -76.67 Elev: 148ft.
3 Miles WSW Elkridge MD
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. Light west wind becoming northwest 8 to 13 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27. Northwest wind 13 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. West wind around 7 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 37. West wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Calm wind.
- Saturday Rain and snow, mainly after 1pm. High near 37. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain before 1am, then rain and snow likely. Low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Howard County, MD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE