Rainfall and mountain snow will continue across the western U.S. Monday
Heavy precipitation along the west coast will persist with a focus along the Coastal Ranges and Cascades. While not nearly as impressive as recent days, the forecast suggests another 1 to 3 inches of rainfall is possible across this region. Farther inland, moderate to heavy snow is likely over the Wasatch and Colorado Rockies, with 1 to 2 foot amounts possible through Monday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
10NM SE Baltimore MD
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
FORECASTS OF WAVE HEIGHTS DO NOT INCLUDE EFFECTS OF WIND DIRECTION
RELATIVE TO TIDAL CURRENTS. EXPECT HIGHER WAVES WHEN WINDS ARE
BLOWING AGAINST THE TIDAL FLOW.
- SynopsisCOASTAL LOW PRESSURE IS EXPECTED TO MOVE UP THE MID-ATLANTIC COAST
TODAY. A STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL AFFECT THE REGION BEGINNING
TUESDAY NIGHT...SENDING A COLD FRONT THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT. A
SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IS LIKELY WEDNESDAY THROUGH THURSDAY.
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NNE wind around 6 kt becoming NNW after midnight. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Areas of drizzle. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday ESE wind 6 to 11 kt becoming S in the afternoon. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night S wind 11 to 14 kt becoming SW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. Rain before midnight, then showers likely after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Christmas Day W wind 8 to 12 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night W wind around 8 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday W wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the morning. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE