Severe weather possible for parts of central Plains
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Friday afternoon and evening across portions of the central Plains, from northeastern Colorado across much of Nebraska and northern Kansas and into extreme portions of western Iowa and northwestern Missouri. Large hail, damaging winds and isolated tornadoes are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
13NM SE Baltimore MD
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
FORECASTS OF WAVE HEIGHTS DO NOT INCLUDE EFFECTS OF WIND DIRECTION
RELATIVE TO TIDAL CURRENTS. EXPECT HIGHER WAVES WHEN WINDS ARE
BLOWING AGAINST THE TIDAL FLOW.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL REMAIN CENTERED OVER THE DEEP SOUTH THROUGH THIS
WEEKEND. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD SOUTHWEST FROM NEW ENGLAND THROUGH
THIS WEEKEND AND STALL OVER THE MID-ATLANTIC THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF
- Tonight NE wind 8 to 12 kt becoming SE in the evening. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday ENE wind 7 to 10 kt. A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 5pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night ENE wind around 7 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8pm, then a slight chance of showers between 8pm and 11pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NE wind around 7 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night E wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday NE wind around 6 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night ESE wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER AND VISIBILITIES LOWER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE