Severe storms and heavy rain possible from mid-South to Upstate New York on Tuesday
Thunderstorms are expected to develop along and ahead of a cold front from the Tennessee Valley to Upstate New York on Tuesday. The storms will be capable of producing damaging wind gusts and heavy rainfall that could lead to isolated flash flooding.
13NM SE Baltimore MD
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
FORECASTS OF WAVE HEIGHTS DO NOT INCLUDE EFFECTS OF WIND DIRECTION
RELATIVE TO TIDAL CURRENTS. EXPECT HIGHER WAVES WHEN WINDS ARE
BLOWING AGAINST THE TIDAL FLOW.
- SynopsisBERMUDA HIGH PRESSURE WILL PERSIST THROUGH TUESDAY. A WEAK COLD
FRONT WILL CROSS THE WATERS TUESDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE IS THEN
EXPECTED TO RETURN THROUGH LATE WEEK.
- Overnight WSW wind around 6 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday WSW wind 6 to 8 kt. A chance of thunderstorms after 5pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SSW wind around 8 kt becoming NW after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night S wind around 6 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday S wind 5 to 7 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night S wind 5 to 7 kt becoming SW after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER AND VISIBILITIES LOWER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE