Severe weather possible across parts of New York state and New England
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Thursday afternoon across parts of upstate New York and into northern New England. Isolated large hail and locally-damaging wind gusts will be the main threats with any storms that develop.
13NM SE Baltimore MD
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
FORECASTS OF WAVE HEIGHTS DO NOT INCLUDE EFFECTS OF WIND DIRECTION
RELATIVE TO TIDAL CURRENTS. EXPECT HIGHER WAVES WHEN WINDS ARE
BLOWING AGAINST THE TIDAL FLOW.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL REMAIN ANCHORED OVER THE AREA THROUGH FRIDAY. A
COASTAL FRONT WILL DEVELOP FRIDAY NIGHT...MOVING INLAND TOWARD THE
WATERS THIS WEEKEND...BEFORE SLOWLY PUSH OFFSHORE BY MONDAY.
- This Afternoon SSW wind around 9 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight S wind 6 to 9 kt. A chance of showers, mainly after 11pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SSW wind around 6 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night E wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday ENE wind 6 to 8 kt becoming E in the afternoon. A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night ESE wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER AND VISIBILITIES LOWER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE