Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Snow Freezing Fog
- Wind SpeedNE 6 mph
- Barometer30.52 in (1033.5 mb)
- Dewpoint24°F (-4°C)
- Visibility0.50 mi
- Wind Chill20°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Baltimore-Washington International Airport (KBWI)
Lat: 39.19 Lon: -76.67 Elev: 148ft.
2 Miles SSW Ellicott City MD
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow and sleet before 4pm, then freezing rain and sleet. High near 31. Northeast wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tonight Freezing rain and sleet before 10pm, then freezing rain between 10pm and 1am, then rain or freezing rain after 1am. Low around 30. East wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of around a 0.1 of an inch possible. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Rain. High near 39. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of snow before 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 35.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 34.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Howard County, MD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE