Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.26 in (1025.0 mb)
- Dewpoint21°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Baltimore-Washington International Airport (KBWI)
Lat: 39.19 Lon: -76.67 Elev: 148ft.
3 Miles N Columbia MD
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. Light west wind becoming northwest 6 to 11 mph in the evening.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27. Northwest wind 11 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. West wind around 7 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. West wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Calm wind.
- Saturday A chance of snow before 1pm, then rain and snow. High near 37. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain before 1am, then rain and snow likely. Low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Howard County, MD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE