Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 0 G 2 MPH
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
FAIRVIEW VALLEY (FVVLY)
Lat: 39.32417 Lon: -118.22278 Elev: 4235ft.
3 Miles ENE Middlegate NV
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow, mainly after 10pm. Low around 20. South wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow showers, mainly before 10am. High near 26. South wind around 15 mph becoming northwest in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 0. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 17. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -13. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming east in the evening.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 21.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -5.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Friday A chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Nevada Basin and Range including Pyramid Lake, NV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE