Heavy Snow Possible Across Northern Rockies and Plains, Wintry Mix Farther East
Snow, gusty winds and bitter cold will spread through the northern Rockies and northern Plains on Thursday. The snow could be heavy at times. Meanwhile, a wintry mix of snow and freezing rain is possible across parts of the Midwest and Great Lakes and into New England.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 10 G 26 MPH
- Barometer29.78 in (1007.8 mb)
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill29°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Emigrant Gap, Blue Canyon Nyack Airport (KBLU)
Lat: 39.27611 Lon: -120.70806 Elev: 5282ft.
11 Miles ENE Blue Canyon CA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Sunny, with a high near 33. Breezy, with an east northeast wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 21. Blustery, with an east wind 24 to 29 mph decreasing to 18 to 23 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 46 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43. Northeast wind 13 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32. North northeast wind around 11 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 48. Northeast wind 14 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 52.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Christmas Day Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE