Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedESE 5 G 8 MPH
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
- Wind Chill38°F (3°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 39.380747 Lon: -121.386228 Elev: 803ft.
4 Miles ENE Loma Rica CA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow. Steady temperature around 34. South southeast wind 9 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow showers likely, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 39. South southeast wind 5 to 8 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15. Calm wind becoming northeast 5 to 7 mph in the evening.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 40. Northeast wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light north in the morning.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17. Light and variable wind becoming northeast 6 to 11 mph in the evening.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 45.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 55.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Thursday A slight chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 57.
- Thursday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Friday A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 58.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Motherlode, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE