Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedN 9 mph
- Barometer30.32 in
- Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
- Visibility2.00 mi
- Wind Chill16°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Columbus / Bakalar (KBAK)
Lat: 39.26 Lon: -85.88 Elev: 656ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of snow before 1am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 11. Wind chill values as low as -1. North northwest wind around 8 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 22. Wind chill values as low as -1. North northwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a temperature rising to around 21 by 5am. East northeast wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Sunday A chance of snow between 10am and 1pm, then a chance of freezing rain and sleet after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 30. East wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow and sleet before 10pm, then a chance of snow between 10pm and 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 23. Calm wind becoming west southwest 5 to 7 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Friday A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Morgan County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE