Winter Storm Continues Across Central U.S.
The powerful winter storm that has been affecting much of the central and western U.S. continues to intensify as it moves into Canada. Snow is tapering off across the Upper Midwest, but heavy snow is possible on Thur. from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley. Freezing rain is possible from TX to the Ohio Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer29.91 in
- Dewpoint7°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Lat: 39.31667 Lon: -120.13333 Elev: 5899ft.
4 Miles NNE Truckee CA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Calm wind.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 7. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the evening.
- Friday A 40 percent chance of snow showers, mainly after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Friday Night Snow showers. Low around 20. South wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
- Saturday A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 20. West wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 3.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 25.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 9.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greater Lake Tahoe Area, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE