Severe weather expected for Upper Midwest on Wednesday
A potent storm system will bring a chance of severe thunderstorms to parts of the Upper Midwest on Wednesday and Wednesday night. Very large hail, damaging wind gusts, tornadoes and heavy rain are possible with these storms.
17NM ENE Baltimore MD
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
FORECASTS OF WAVE HEIGHTS DO NOT INCLUDE EFFECTS OF WIND DIRECTION
RELATIVE TO TIDAL CURRENTS. EXPECT HIGHER WAVES WHEN WINDS ARE
BLOWING AGAINST THE TIDAL FLOW.
- SynopsisA WEAK COLD FRONT WILL CROSS THE AREA TONIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE WILL
THEN BUILD FROM THE MIDWEST THROUGH WEDNESDAY THEN PERSIST OFFSHORE
THURSDAY INTO THE WEEKEND. A COLD FRONT WILL ENTER THE REGION IN THE
SATURDAY NIGHT TIME FRAME.
- Overnight WNW wind around 7 kt. A slight chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NNW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSE 5 to 9 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW 5 to 8 kt in the morning. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER AND VISIBILITIES LOWER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE