Oppressive heat and humidity building into the central and southeast U.S.
A heat wave is building into parts of the central and southeast U.S. this week. The combination of heat and humidity will lead to dangerous heat indices, especially in parts of the central Mississippi River Valley where an Excessive Heat Warning is in effect. Heat Advisories are in effect elsewhere across the region. Relief is not expected for several days.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
17NM ENE Baltimore MD
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
FORECASTS OF WAVE HEIGHTS DO NOT INCLUDE EFFECTS OF WIND DIRECTION
RELATIVE TO TIDAL CURRENTS. EXPECT HIGHER WAVES WHEN WINDS ARE
BLOWING AGAINST THE TIDAL FLOW.
- SynopsisAN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE WILL CROSS THE AREA THURSDAY. A WEAK COLD
FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH THE WATERS EARLY FRIDAY AND HIGH PRESSURE
FROM NEW ENGLAND WILL BUILD TOWARD THE MID-ATLANTIC...WITH MORE
ONSHORE FLOW FOR THE WEEKEND. HIGH PRESSURE PERSISTS OVER THE AREA
INTO THE MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK.
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night E wind around 7 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday ENE wind around 7 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night E wind 5 to 8 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday E wind around 6 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night E wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER AND VISIBILITIES LOWER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE