Severe weather possible for parts of Plains on Wednesday
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening across portions of the central Plains and mid-Missouri Valley, with a higher concentration of severe storms possible in parts of eastern Kansas and far southeast Nebraska. Large hail and damaging winds could occur with the stronger thunderstorms. A tornado or two will be possible as well.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
17NM ENE Baltimore MD
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
FORECASTS OF WAVE HEIGHTS DO NOT INCLUDE EFFECTS OF WIND DIRECTION
RELATIVE TO TIDAL CURRENTS. EXPECT HIGHER WAVES WHEN WINDS ARE
BLOWING AGAINST THE TIDAL FLOW.
- SynopsisA DISTURBANCE OVER LAKE ERIE WILL TRACK ACROSS PENNSYLVANIA THIS
EVENING. HIGH PRESSURE WILL RETURN TO THE EAST COAST WEDNESDAY AND
THURSDAY. A COLD FRONT WILL MOVE INTO THE AREA LATE FRIDAY OR
SATURDAY. A SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY MAY BE NEEDED FOR PORTIONS OF THE
CHESAPEAKE BAY AND TIDAL POTOMAC FRIDAY INTO SATURDAY.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers before 2am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Areas of fog between 7am and 9am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night E wind 5 to 7 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NE wind around 6 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night ESE wind around 6 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SSE wind 7 to 11 kt. A chance of showers after 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SSE wind around 7 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Showers likely, mainly after 8pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming WNW 5 to 7 kt in the morning. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE