Significant threat for flash flooding continues across the southwestern U.S.
Heavy precipitation continues to be forecast for much of the Southwest U.S. this week due to the remnants of weakening Tropical Storm Odile. The heavy rainfall will be concentrated across southern Arizona, southern New Mexico and western Texas where 3 to 6 inches could fall through Friday, with some locales receiving up to 9 inches. Flash Flood Watches remain in effect for much of this area.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
17NM ENE Baltimore MD
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
FORECASTS OF WAVE HEIGHTS DO NOT INCLUDE EFFECTS OF WIND DIRECTION
RELATIVE TO TIDAL CURRENTS. EXPECT HIGHER WAVES WHEN WINDS ARE
BLOWING AGAINST THE TIDAL FLOW.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL SLOWLY MOVE OFF THE COAST THROUGH TONIGHT. A WEAK
COLD FRONT WILL PASS THROUGH THE WATERS THURSDAY AND HIGH PRESSURE
WILL RETURN FOR FRIDAY THROUGH THE WEEKEND. A COLD FRONT WILL PASS
THROUGH THE WATERS SUNDAY NIGHT INTO MONDAY.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NNE 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NE wind 8 to 11 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night ESE wind 5 to 9 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSE 5 to 8 kt in the morning. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night S wind around 6 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SSW wind 5 to 8 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE