Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 12 mph
- Barometer30.42 in (1034.2 mb)
- Dewpoint-8°F (-22°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-7°F (-22°C)
Current conditions at
Hill City Municipal Airport (KHLC)
Lat: 39.39 Lon: -99.83 Elev: 2188ft.
5 Miles E Nicodemus KS
7 Day Forecast
- Today Partly sunny, with a high near 16. Wind chill values between -8 and 2. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around -2. Wind chill values between -4 and -14. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph after midnight.
- Saturday A slight chance of flurries after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 18. Wind chill values between -5 and -15. Southeast wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Saturday Night Snow likely, mainly after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values between -4 and 1. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Sunday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 19. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Sunday Night A 20 percent chance of light snow before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 8.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 32.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 13.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Rooks County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE