Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNA
Current conditions at
Willits Courthouse (CQ215)
Lat: 39.41667 Lon: -123.35278 Elev: 1401ft.
5 Miles W Willits CA
7 Day Forecast
- Late Afternoon Snow showers. High near 33. South wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Tonight Snow showers, mainly before 10pm. Steady temperature around 31. West northwest wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Sunny, with a steady temperature around 30. North northwest wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Night Areas of frost after 1am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 18. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.
- Sunday Areas of frost before 7am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 40. Light and variable wind.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Wednesday Night A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Thursday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 52.
- Thursday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Friday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 52.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Mendocino Coast, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE