Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 10 mph
- Barometer30.25 in (1025.2 mb)
- Dewpoint15°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill14°F (-10°C)
Current conditions at
Terre Haute International Airport (KHUF)
Lat: 39.46 Lon: -87.3 Elev: 575ft.
2 Miles ESE Terre Haute International Airport IN
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 26. North wind 8 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Tonight A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 7pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as zero. North northwest wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 21. Wind chill values as low as -1. North wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 12. East northeast wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Sunday A chance of snow before 1pm, then a chance of snow, freezing rain, and sleet. Cloudy, with a high near 29. East wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow, freezing drizzle, and sleet before 1am, then a chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Vigo County, IN
- Point Forecast: Point Forecast: 2 Miles ESE Terre Haute International Airport IN
39.44°N 87.27°W (Elev. 554 ft)
- Last Update: 6:40 am EST Dec 6, 2013
- Forecast Valid: 7am EST Dec 6, 2013-6pm EST Dec 12, 2013
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE