Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
SODA CREEK (SOAC1)
Lat: 39.4250 Lon: -122.977222 Elev: 1725ft.
18 Miles SW Alder Springs CA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain before 10pm, then rain likely, possibly mixed with snow. Low around 16. West wind 8 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow before 10am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. North northwest wind around 13 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 8. North northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 44. Light north wind.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 13. Calm wind becoming north northeast around 5 mph in the evening.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 50.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 58.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Thursday A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Thursday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Friday A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 60.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Mountains Southwestern Shasta County to Northern Lake County, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE