Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure system will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring a variety of wintry weather to a large portion of the country. Hardest hit areas are expected to be in the Northeast and New England where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNNW 7 G 18 MPH
- Dewpoint15°F (-9°C)
- Wind Chill10°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
VAIL PASS - CDOT YARD (CAVLP)
Lat: 39.57861°N Lon: 106.24722°W Elev: 10249ft.
3 Miles SSE Red Cliff CO
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 30. North northwest wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Tonight Scattered snow showers, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around -6. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 35. Wind chill values as low as -10. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 4. West wind around 5 mph becoming south southwest after midnight.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Saturday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Gore and Elk Mountains/Central Mountain Valleys, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE