Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 6 mph
- Barometer30.07 in
- Dewpoint45°F (7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill42°F (6°C)
Current conditions at
Frederick Municipal Airport (KFDK)
Lat: 39.42 Lon: -77.37 Elev: 308ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Rain. High near 49. North wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain, mainly before 3am. Low around 34. North wind 8 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 39. North wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 25. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Sunday Snow likely before noon, then snow and sleet between noon and 4pm, then freezing rain and sleet after 4pm. High near 31. Northeast wind around 6 mph becoming east in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Freezing rain and sleet before 8pm, then freezing rain between 8pm and 4am, then rain or freezing rain after 4am. Low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 10am. High near 40. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 30.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Frederick County, MD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE