Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNA
Current conditions at
UNR CAMPUS (UNRC)
Lat: 39.53917 Lon: -119.80583 Elev: 4480ft.
4 Miles WSW Reno NV
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 9. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph after midnight.
- Friday A 30 percent chance of snow after 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 32. West wind 5 to 10 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday Night Snow, mainly after 10pm. Low around 21. South wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow showers likely, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 1.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 10.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Wednesday Night A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Thursday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greater Reno-Carson City-Minden Area, NV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE