Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 15 G 20 MPH
- Dewpoint15°F (-9°C)
- Wind Chill18°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
FAIRVIEW VALLEY (FVVLY)
Lat: 39.32417 Lon: -118.22278 Elev: 4235ft.
4 Miles WSW Dixie Valley NV
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Snow. Low around 24. South wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow showers, mainly before 10am. High near 29. South wind around 15 mph becoming west in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 19. Calm wind.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -10. Calm wind.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 22.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -2.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Thursday Night A slight chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Friday A chance of rain and snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Nevada Basin and Range including Pyramid Lake, NV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE