Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 14 G 31 MPH
- Barometer29.62 in (1004.9 mb)
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Wind Chill8°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Eureka Airport ASOS (KP68)
Lat: 39.60139 Lon: -116.00556 Elev: 5945ft.
5 Miles WNW Eureka NV
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Snow showers. Low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -5. South wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Saturday Snow showers, mainly before 4pm. High near 23. Wind chill values as low as -7. South southwest wind 11 to 20 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Scattered snow showers, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -6. Wind chill values as low as -19. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph becoming west southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 13. Wind chill values as low as -20. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming north northwest in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -10. South southwest wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 16.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -10.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 25.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -1.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Friday A slight chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Lander County and Southern Eureka County, NV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE