Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 0 G 1 MPH
- Barometer30.19 in
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
DW9043 Sparks (D9043)
Lat: 39.59880 Lon: -119.73078 Elev: 4466ft.
12 Miles WSW Wadsworth NV
7 Day Forecast
- Late Afternoon A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. South wind around 5 mph. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tonight Snow, mainly after 10pm. Low around 21. Southwest wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow showers likely, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 6. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 22. Calm wind.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 2.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 24.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 6.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Friday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greater Reno-Carson City-Minden Area, NV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE