Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.49 in (1034.0 mb)
- Dewpoint20°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Morgantown Municipal-Hart Field (KMGW)
Lat: 39.64 Lon: -79.92 Elev: 1240ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Sunday Snow before 3pm, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely. High near 33. Light and variable wind becoming northeast 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Rain and sleet likely, becoming all rain after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 32. Southeast wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Monday Rain likely, mainly before 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 44. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain before 2am, then a chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. West wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Monongalia County, WV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE