Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 7 mph
- Barometer29.32 in
- Dewpoint43°F (6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill50°F (10°C)
Current conditions at
Baltimore / Martin (KMTN)
Lat: 39.34°N Lon: 76.42°W Elev: 23ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A chance of showers, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 4pm. High near 70. South wind 11 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight Rain and snow showers before midnight, then a slight chance of snow showers between midnight and 1am. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 22. Windy, with a southwest wind 18 to 23 mph becoming northwest 26 to 31 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Breezy, with a northwest wind 22 to 24 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19. Northwest wind 9 to 14 mph becoming light west after midnight.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48. Light southwest wind increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 58.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cecil County, MD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE