Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 5 mph
- Barometer30.22 in (1024.9 mb)
- Dewpoint33°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill31°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Hagerstown Regional Airport (KHGR)
Lat: 39.71 Lon: -77.73 Elev: 722ft.
Mount Aetna MD
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. North wind around 10 mph.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 37. Northwest wind 9 to 14 mph.
- Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 25. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Snow before 4pm, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet. High near 30. East wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Freezing rain and sleet before 7pm, then freezing rain between 7pm and 4am, then rain or freezing rain after 4am. Low around 30. East wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after 9am. High near 38. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 13.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Washington County, MD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE