Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 0 G 2 MPH
- Dewpoint4°F (-16°C)
Current conditions at
ALDER SPRINGS (ECKC1)
Lat: 39.651617 Lon: -122.724533 Elev: 4543ft.
2 Miles SSW Alder Springs CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 34. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Tonight Snow. Steady temperature around 26. South wind 9 to 11 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a temperature rising to near 28 by noon, then falling to around 20 during the remainder of the day. North northwest wind around 11 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20. North wind around 7 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 37. North wind around 8 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Wednesday Night A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.
- Thursday A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Mountains Southwestern Shasta County to Northern Lake County, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE