Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 4 G 5 MPH
- Dewpoint11°F (-12°C)
- Visibility2.10 mi
- Wind Chill13°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Dowd Junction (10) (CO092)
Lat: 39.60794°N Lon: 106.44911°W Elev: 7747ft.
2 Miles WSW Vail CO
7 Day Forecast
- Today Partly sunny, with a high near 47. South wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
- Tonight Snow, mainly after 1am. Low around 23. West southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tuesday Snow. High near 30. West wind 10 to 15 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Tuesday Night A 40 percent chance of snow before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6. North northeast wind 5 to 15 mph becoming south after midnight.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 33. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north in the morning.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 11.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Gore and Elk Mountains/Central Mountain Valleys, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE