Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.29 in
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
Current conditions at
Frederick Municipal Airport (KFDK)
Lat: 39.42 Lon: -77.37 Elev: 308ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Northwest wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 22. Northwest wind 11 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15. West wind around 9 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36. West wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night Cloudy, with a low around 28. Calm wind.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 1pm. High near 33. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow. Low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Frederick County, MD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE