Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 13 mph
- Barometer30.09 in (1020.1 mb)
- Dewpoint21°F (-6°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
- Wind Chill15°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Indianapolis International Airport (KIND)
Lat: 39.73 Lon: -86.27 Elev: 810ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A chance of snow before 5pm, then a chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a high near 28. East southeast wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tonight A slight chance of snow showers and freezing drizzle before 7pm, then areas of flurries and freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a steady temperature around 29. Southeast wind 6 to 8 mph becoming west southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
- Monday Cloudy, with a high near 29. West wind 7 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Monday Night A 30 percent chance of snow after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 30. West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 11 to 16 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 11.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 21.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 12.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Marion County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE