Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 8 mph
- Barometer30.54 in (1035.3 mb)
- Dewpoint0°F (-18°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-4°F (-20°C)
Current conditions at
Indianapolis International Airport (KIND)
Lat: 39.73 Lon: -86.27 Elev: 810ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 0. Wind chill values as low as -9. West northwest wind around 6 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21. Wind chill values as low as -10. Southwest wind 5 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12. Southwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34. South southwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 26. South wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Marion County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE