Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 12 mph
- Barometer30.47 in (1033.5 mb)
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Hagerstown Regional Airport (KHGR)
Lat: 39.71 Lon: -77.73 Elev: 722ft.
Fort Ritchie MD
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 20. North wind 8 to 14 mph.
- Sunday Snow before 3pm, then snow and sleet. High near 26. East wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Sunday Night Freezing rain. Low around 26. East wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after 9am. High near 42. South wind 6 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. West wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday A chance of snow, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 29. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 26.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 12.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 26.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Frederick County, MD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE