Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 17 mph
- Barometer30.45 in (1032.5 mb)
- Dewpoint11°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill7°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Indianapolis International Airport (KIND)
Lat: 39.73 Lon: -86.27 Elev: 810ft.
West Newton IN
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 0. Wind chill values as low as -8. Northwest wind 6 to 13 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21. Wind chill values as low as -12. Southwest wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. Southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of snow after 4pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. South southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Night Snow likely, mainly after 7pm. Cloudy, with a low around 26. South wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Marion County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE