Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 15 mph
- Barometer30.28 in (1026.6 mb)
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility3.00 mi
- Wind Chill9°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Indianapolis International Airport (KIND)
Lat: 39.73 Lon: -86.27 Elev: 810ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow likely before 4pm, then a chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a high near 29. East southeast wind 10 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight A chance of snow and freezing drizzle before midnight, then a chance of freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a steady temperature around 28. Southeast wind 6 to 10 mph becoming west southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28. West wind around 11 mph.
- Monday Night A 20 percent chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. West wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26. West southwest wind 7 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 10.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 22.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 11.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Saturday A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Marion County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE