Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
EEL RIVER (MNF) (EELC1)
Lat: 39.825278 Lon: -123.0825 Elev: 1500ft.
13 Miles ESE Covelo CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow. Temperature falling to around 21 by 5pm. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow showers, mainly before 10pm. Steady temperature around 20. West wind 15 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 10am. Mostly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 14 by 3pm. North northwest wind 15 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 13. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 30. North wind around 7 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Thursday A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Upper Trinity River, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE