Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 10 mph
- Barometer30.25 in (1025.5 mb)
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill15°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Indianapolis International Airport (KIND)
Lat: 39.73 Lon: -86.27 Elev: 810ft.
3 Miles SSE Warren Park IN
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 28. North wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Tonight A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly before 9pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 12. North northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 21. North northwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12. Northeast wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Sunday A chance of snow before 1pm, then a chance of snow and sleet. Cloudy, with a high near 29. East wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night A chance of freezing drizzle and sleet before 1am, then a chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Marion County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE