Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 5 mph
- Barometer30.54 in (1035.8 mb)
- Dewpoint-2°F (-19°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-7°F (-22°C)
Current conditions at
Shelbyville Municipal Airport (KGEZ)
Lat: 39.6 Lon: -85.8 Elev: 804ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 20. Wind chill values as low as -12. Southwest wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 11. Wind chill values as low as -2. Southwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Wind chill values as low as zero. South southwest wind around 9 mph.
- Friday Night Snow. Low around 27. South wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Snow. High near 33. Southeast wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Hancock County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE