Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 8 mph
- Barometer30.25 in (1025.4 mb)
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Indianapolis International Airport (KIND)
Lat: 39.73 Lon: -86.27 Elev: 810ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow. High near 27. North wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly before 9pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 12. North northwest wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 21. North northwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11. Northeast wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Sunday A chance of snow before 1pm, then a chance of snow and sleet. Cloudy, with a high near 29. East wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night A chance of freezing drizzle and sleet before 1am, then a chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Marion County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE