Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 10 mph
- Barometer30.34 in (1028.3 mb)
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
- Wind Chill8°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Springfield, Capital Airport (KSPI)
Lat: 39.86 Lon: -89.67 Elev: 586ft.
3 Miles WNW Leland Grove IL
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow likely before noon, then snow likely, possibly mixed with freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a high near 27. East wind 7 to 13 mph becoming south southeast in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight A chance of snow and freezing drizzle before 9pm, then a chance of freezing drizzle between 9pm and midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 17. South southeast wind 6 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 25. Wind chill values between 4 and 13. West northwest wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. Wind chill values between zero and 5. West wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 29. Southwest wind 9 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 28.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sangamon County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE