Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 3 mph
- Barometer30.61 in (1036.7 mb)
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility2.50 mi
Current conditions at
Wilmington, New Castle County Airport (KILG)
Lat: 39.68 Lon: -75.6 Elev: 74ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow. High near 33. Northeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tonight Rain and sleet, becoming all rain after 11pm. Low around 33. East wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 4pm. High near 44. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday A chance of snow after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Northwest wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for New Castle County, DE
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE