Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 9 mph
- Barometer29.71 in (1004.9 mb)
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Heat Index75°F (24°C)
Current conditions at
Hill City Municipal Airport (KHLC)
Lat: 39.39°N Lon: 99.83°W Elev: 2188ft.
3 Miles SW Norton KS
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 40. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Rain likely before 4pm, then snow likely, possibly mixed with rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47. Windy, with a north wind 10 to 20 mph increasing to 20 to 30 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain and snow before 10pm, then a slight chance of snow between 10pm and midnight. Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 26. Blustery, with a north wind 20 to 25 mph decreasing to 15 to 20 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 51. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 63.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 34.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 60.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 55.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 59.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Norton County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE