Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 6 mph
- Barometer30.58 in (1040.7 mb)
- Dewpoint-8°F (-22°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-13°F (-25°C)
Current conditions at
Hill City Municipal Airport (KHLC)
Lat: 39.39 Lon: -99.83 Elev: 2188ft.
3 Miles SW Norton KS
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a steady temperature around -3. Wind chill values as low as -13. East wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday Scattered flurries before 3pm, then a chance of snow showers. Increasing clouds, with a high near 15. Wind chill values as low as -20. Breezy, with a southeast wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 6. Southeast wind around 15 mph. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 17. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -3. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 17.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 9.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 13.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 38.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Norton County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE