Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 6 mph
- Barometer30.68 in (1039.9 mb)
- Dewpoint2°F (-17°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-2°F (-19°C)
Current conditions at
Springfield, Capital Airport (KSPI)
Lat: 39.86 Lon: -89.67 Elev: 586ft.
3 Miles S Springfield, Capital Airport IL
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 20. Wind chill values between -5 and 5. North wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 12. Wind chill values between 1 and 6. Northeast wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 28. Wind chill values between 3 and 13. East wind 8 to 11 mph becoming south southeast in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow and freezing drizzle before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 18. South southeast wind 7 to 11 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 24. West northwest wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 28.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sangamon County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE