Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedSW 9 mph
- Barometer29.89 in (1012.4 mb)
- Dewpoint29°F (-2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill35°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Springfield, Capital Airport (KSPI)
Lat: 39.86°N Lon: 89.67°W Elev: 586ft.
3 Miles S Springfield, Capital Airport IL
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 37. Southwest wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 65. West southwest wind 11 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 39. West southwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 63. Calm wind becoming east 5 to 8 mph in the morning.
- Tuesday Night Rain likely before 1am, then snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 33. Breezy, with a north northeast wind 13 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Wednesday A 30 percent chance of snow before 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 35.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 57.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 35.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sangamon County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE