Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 9 mph
- Barometer30.54 in (1035.5 mb)
- Dewpoint-1°F (-18°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-5°F (-21°C)
Current conditions at
Indianapolis, Eagle Creek Airpark (KEYE)
Lat: 39.83 Lon: -86.3 Elev: 820ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 0. West northwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20. Wind chill values as low as -10. Southwest wind 5 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. Southwest wind around 9 mph.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of snow after 4pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. South southwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night Snow likely, mainly after 7pm. Cloudy, with a low around 25. South wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Hendricks County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE