Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedN 10 mph
- Barometer30.27 in (1026.3 mb)
- Dewpoint23°F (-5°C)
- Visibility0.75 mi
- Wind Chill16°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Cox Dayton International Airport (KDAY)
Lat: 39.91 Lon: -84.2 Elev: 1027ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow, mainly before 10pm. Low around 14. Northwest wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 24. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. Northeast wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Sunday Snow, mainly after noon. High near 29. East wind 11 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Night Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 4am, then a slight chance of rain and snow between 4am and 5am, then a slight chance of rain, snow, and sleet after 5am. Low around 29. Southeast wind 10 to 13 mph becoming southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Montgomery County, OH
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE