Winter Storm Continues Across Central U.S.
The powerful winter storm that has been affecting much of the central and western U.S. continues to intensify as it moves into Canada. Snow is tapering off across the Upper Midwest, but heavy snow is possible on Thur. from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley. Freezing rain is possible from TX to the Ohio Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 13 mph
- Barometer30.06 in (1018.2 mb)
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill24°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Indianapolis International Airport (KIND)
Lat: 39.73 Lon: -86.27 Elev: 810ft.
4 Miles NW Wynnedale IN
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Freezing rain and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a steady temperature around 32. Northwest wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tonight Freezing rain and sleet before 7pm, then snow and sleet between 7pm and 10pm, then snow after 10pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 24. North northwest wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Friday Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 28. North wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 9pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 12. North northwest wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 21. North northwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Sunday A chance of snow before 1pm, then a chance of snow and sleet. Cloudy, with a high near 29. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Sunday Night Snow and sleet likely, possibly mixed with freezing rain. Cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 18.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 18.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Marion County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE