Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer30.02 in (1021.8 mb)
- Dewpoint5°F (-15°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Lovelock, Derby Field Airport (KLOL)
Lat: 40.06840 Lon: -118.57017 Elev: 3901ft.
5 Miles SE Trinity Junction NV
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 30 percent chance of snow after 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 27. South wind around 5 mph. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly after 10pm. Cloudy, with a low around 20. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow showers likely, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5. North wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 18. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 0.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 23.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 5.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Nevada Basin and Range including Pyramid Lake, NV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE