Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 8 mph
- Barometer30.27 in (1026.0 mb)
- Dewpoint22°F (-6°C)
- Visibility5.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Muncie, Delaware County-Johnson Field (KMIE)
Lat: 40.24 Lon: -85.4 Elev: 961ft.
New Castle IN
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 9pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 11. Wind chill values as low as zero. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 20. Wind chill values as low as -1. North northwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a temperature rising to around 18 by 3am. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east after midnight.
- Sunday A chance of snow between 10am and 1pm, then a chance of freezing rain and sleet after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 29. East wind 10 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow and sleet before 10pm, then a chance of snow between 10pm and 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 23. East southeast wind 5 to 9 mph becoming southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Friday A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Henry County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE