Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 5 mph
- Barometer29.50 in (999.0 mb)
- Dewpoint36°F (2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill42°F (6°C)
Current conditions at
Philadelphia International Airport (KPHL)
Lat: 39.87°N Lon: 75.23°W Elev: 5ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Scattered showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 66. Southeast wind 7 to 14 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight Rain showers, snow, and sleet before midnight, then a slight chance of snow and sleet between midnight and 1am. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 21. Windy, with a south wind 18 to 23 mph becoming northwest 26 to 31 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 46 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 30. Windy, with a northwest wind 25 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19. Blustery, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 8 to 13 mph after midnight.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. Southwest wind 5 to 14 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 58.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Philadelphia County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE