Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSSE 7 MPH
- Barometer29.88 in (1015.6 mb)
- Dewpoint15°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Lovelock, Derby Field Airport (KLOL)
Lat: 40.06840 Lon: -118.57017 Elev: 3901ft.
5 Miles NNE Trinity Junction NV
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow, mainly after 10pm. Low around 20. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow showers likely, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23. Blustery, with a northwest wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 4. Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 18. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -4. Calm wind.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 20.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 2.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Thursday Night A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Friday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Nevada Basin and Range including Pyramid Lake, NV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE