Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 4 G 7 MPH
- Dewpoint2°F (-17°C)
- Wind Chill5°F (-15°C)
Current conditions at
UPPER SAND WASH (USWU1)
Lat: 39.708056 Lon: -109.441111 Elev: 6469ft.
12 Miles WNW Bonanza UT
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 8. North northwest wind around 5 mph.
- Tonight A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around -4. Wind chill values as low as -15. North wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly between noon and 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 19. Wind chill values as low as -15. North northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 4. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of snow before 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 20. Calm wind becoming west southwest around 5 mph in the morning.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 15.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 17.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 1.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Eastern Uinta Basin, UT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE