Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 12 mph
- Barometer30.40 in (1031.4 mb)
- Dewpoint1°F (-17°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill1°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
Columbus, Ohio State University Airport (KOSU)
Lat: 40.09 Lon: -83.07 Elev: 928ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 18. Southwest wind around 11 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. Southwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 30. Southwest wind around 7 mph.
- Friday Night Snow, mainly after midnight. Low around 27. Southeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Snow, mainly before 3pm. High near 37. Southeast wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain and snow before 1am, then a slight chance of snow between 1am and 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Franklin County, OH
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE